Cornerstone Church began in the early 1940s when a group of believers met in homes in the Mayfair district of Saskatoon. In 1949 they began meeting in a building at 1405 Avenue G North, and in 1952 they were officially organized as the Mayfair Mennonite Church with 21 charter members. Continual growth by 1956 necessitated a move to a larger building at the corner of Avenue D North and 35th Street. After a number of expansions they decided to build at the present site on Lenore Drive. The change of location also included a name change to Cornerstone Church. The official opening was held on June 17, 1990. The building was paid for by 1993.
Over the past 60 years Cornerstone has benefited from long-term pastoral leadership. The church has a history of Bible-based preaching and teaching, and strong music and outreach ministries. Today we are committed to remaining relevant in our contemporary society. We have an excellent pastoral team who are excited about making a significant impact for Christ in our community.